Position: Systems Engineer
Status: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Reporting to Manager IT Infrastructure, the Systems Engineer provides effective and timely operational and technical support to end-users concerning system applications, hardware and software. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving incidents and problems, and escalating where necessary.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and define the requirements and needs for new services.
- Leads the day-to-day operational support on Canada Cartage infrastructure (Network (LAN, WAN ) and Network Components (Routers, Switches, Firewall, Load Balancers ) – Including Data Center
- Participate in the elaboration of proofs-of-concept for new services.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures relating to security, data integrity, change control and documentation of antivirus and antispyware.
- Install, configure and upgrade and enhancements to software/hardware/network systems.
- Help create and/or validate procedures and documentation relative to your responsibility.
- Participate in maintenances and support off-hours
- Collaborate with the IT projects team to set up and improve projects.
- Take part in major migration projects.
- Review of application and system logs for errors and security concerns
- Participation in advanced support and problem-solving.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Microsoft Certification(s) in a relevant IT field
- Diploma in Computer Science or any other combination of pertinent training and experience.
- 6 to 8 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong and detailed organization and time management skills
- Ability to be creative in the pursuit of technical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft environments (MS) including MS Server platforms including;
- Windows Server,
- Active Directory,
- Internet Information Server,
- Microsoft Exchange,
- File Servers,
- Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft SQL
- Knowledge of the following technologies
- Commvault backup
- Knowledge of clusters and high-availability environments.
- Experience in large-scale environments.
- Experience in the replication of multi-site environments.
- Cisco ASA, Cisco Catalyst Switches Routers, Cisco Nexus
- Networking technologies including Firewall and Load Balancers
- Desktop, Laptop and network printer support, configuration, maintenance, and upgrades
- Troubleshooting MS applications and other business tools, Office Suite, Internet Explorer, Safari, but not limited to them.
- Knowledge of data acquisition, maintenance, protection, restoration, and recovery technologies.
- Strong knowledge of data security technologies, including RAID, backup, image, encryption, firewall technologies.
- Technical system documentation creation
- User guides, and “how to” guides creation
- Strong knowledge of current IT and computer science concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends, particularly those relevant to IT infrastructure.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women