We are looking for professional and safety oriented Dock Worker in Calgary. This position involves operating a Forklift to load and unload freight within a cross dock facility.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM; must be able to work overtime as needed
Why work for Canada Cartage
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Benefits Package after 3 months
- Company-matching pension plan
- Stability; Full Time Hours and consistent year round work
- Safety-oriented company with a safety program in place
- Company perks such as company phone, uniform/safety boot allowance and discount programs for gym memberships, auto services, cell phone plans, etc.
- Work with a company named "Canada's Best Employer 2018" in Transportation & Logistics by Forbes
- Manually load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars and lifting devices.
- Operating Forklift
- Accurately ship and receive product
- Follow all workplace safety policies, and compliance regulations
- Accurately weigh and document materials
- Housekeeping responsibilities
- Pick products and properly secure
- Complete all other duties as reasonably assigned
- Minimum 1 year of Forklift experience. Holder of a valid forklift certificate an asset
- Holder of a valid Class 1 driver’s license an asset
- Criminal Record Check required; must be bondable
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Have steel toed safety boots; we provide an annual allowance for the purchase of safety boots
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a cold/hot environment
If you meet the above qualification, please respond to this job posting and attach your current resume and/or Commercial Driver Abstract.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women