Position: Warehouse Worker
Required by: ASAP
Schedule: Monday to Friday 6 AM start time for 40 hours a week
Canada Cartage is seeking a candidate for the position of Warehouse Worker.
The warehouse worker is responsible for the safe, accurate, on-time loading/unloading of material onto trailers manually and/or operating a forklift. The dock person maintains a clean and safe warehouse environment and safe operation of the forklifts. In addition, he/she organizes skids in the warehouse or in an assigned area; and supports yard operations including yard checks.
- Locate freight
- Pick up freight with forklift
- Drive into trailer and safely place products
- Manually insert load bars (if applicable)
- Sometimes place plywood between skids
- Occasionally, move product by hand (hand-bomb)
- Remove load bars (if applicable)
- Drive into the trailer with the forklift
- Use forks to move freight
- Carefully back out of the trailer, check for obstruction or workers around
- Place load in designated area with forklift or by helping with hands
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance repetitively;
- Driver’s License an asset;
- Previous warehouse experience an asset;
- Previous experience operating Material Handling Equipment such as forklifts and reach trucks an asset;
- Requires CSA approved safety boots;
- Hours will be assigned appropriately to the task;
- Must be bondable. A valid criminal record check must be provided upon being hired.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women