Dispatcher - afternoon shift
Dispatcher – Afternoons
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
We are currently looking to add a Full-time, permanent, Dispatcher to our team. Someone who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees.
Located at 2724 Roxburgh Road, London, Ontario and reporting to the Terminal Manager, the dispatcher will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations of driver dispatch, scheduling, routing and ensuring that all activities are accurately recorded I the company’s transportation management system.
Shift: 2:00pm – 10:30pm Monday to Friday
- Ensuring that all work is accurately entered and managed in the A1T system in a timely manner, from; order entry, to planning, to activating, progressing and closing trips
- Plan and schedule drivers efficiently, resulting in the reduction/elimination of non-revenue hours, empty miles and an increase in driver productivity
- Manage and direct all incoming inquiries through the dispatch telephone lines to ensure a clear, efficient flow of information to the appropriate people
- Execute Coordinate with maintenance and Operations to ensure that the required equipment is available
- Execute and communicate Assign equipment to upcoming runs to ensure all of our customer’s needs will be met
- Execute plan with drivers to ensure that appointment delivery times are met
- Monitor special driver requirements for each site to ensure they are being adhered to
- Arrange coverage for any driver absence reporting both absence and tardiness to the Manager
- Ensure proper placement of trailer pool to support customers’ daily requirements while maintaining costs
- Complete customer reporting and tracking spreadsheets as required
- Assist in the dispatching of drivers as required
- To perform other duties as assigned by the reporting manager
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Previous experience and/or a familiarity with trucking
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and possess excellent problem solving skills
- Proficient in Windows Outlook, Microsoft excel, and a quick to learn other software programs
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and overtime if the demand arises
- Experience in a 24 x 7 operation, preferably in the transportation industry
Why work for Canada Cartage?
We are a family-oriented company with competitive benefits, extended health and dental, RRSP and Company-Matching pension plans; discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few of the perks; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere. We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities
We also have Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits.
Recognized leader in the industry:
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.