Maintenance Service Writer - Afternoon Shift
Position: Maintenance Service Writer
Status: Full Time
Location: Canada Cartage - Mississauga
Schedule: Afternoon shift – Monday to Friday – 11:00am to 7:30pm
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- First point of contact for CCS customer(s)
- Daily communication between on floor shop Foreperson and triage mechanic(s)
- Two way communication with CCS Operations to provide updates as required
- Daily review of the Cardiff PM due list. Review list with Service Manager(s) and coordinate units in for service. Working in conjunction with Operation/Fleet administrative assistant.
- Daily review of planner with shop manager(s) to ensure priority list and promise dates are accurate and managed. Daily communication with Operations providing updates on units out of service.
- Reviewing daily yard checks with shop foreperson(s) and shop manager(s)
- Safety and Compliance and Risk Management teams – daily review of units placed out of service for damage/accident repairs. Two way communication with Safety Compliance and Risk Management team.
- Estimates for damage repairs – In house repairs – coordinate all repair costs and pictures and send to Safety Compliance and Risk Management.
- Vacation or absence relief – assisting with customer breakdowns.
- Duties as assigned
- Daily communications with vendors requesting updates and timelines of equipment out of service.
- Daily communications with vendors to schedule CCS units for approved maintenance repairs.
- Daily purchase order distribution to vendors on approved repairs to CCS units
- Daily communication with vendors requesting updates on purchase order exception reports.
- Estimates for damage repairs – coordinate all repair estimates and pictures, review with service manager(s) and send to Safety Compliance and Risk Management.
- Third party billing – review completed work orders and obtain purchase orders before closing work orders.
- Duties as assigned
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.