Status: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Shift Availability: Days
At Canada Cartage we work with zeal, intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions. We are currently looking to add a Claims Assistant who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees. This role will be based in the Winnipeg office and interested candidates are encouraged to apply below.
The Claims Assistant role is an entry level position responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Risk Management team in order to ensure effective admin operations.
- Administration of the companies national claims data base
- Provide backup assistance to Claims Administrators
- Continuously monitoring emails for new incidents to ensure timely file set up
- Receive and compile national loss reports
- Establishes new claims files enters claims information into the Claims data base
- Open new claims and close claims and archive
- Investigate missing claim file information and update electronic files
- Diarize files and pull for updates
- Prepare cheque requests for claim payments
- Filing as required
- Continuous improvement to continually strive to improve work process, methods, environment, customer service and personal and team performance
- Other duties as required
- Completion of high school required
- Minimum 2 years of admin experience (Transportation claims preferred)
- Proficient in internet and database applications and Microsoft Office programs including Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to type over 40 WPM
- Must be able to demonstrate active verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, organizational and planning skills required
- Ability to problem solve, self-motivated and work independently
- Good negotiation skills and customer service focus
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.