Sr. Shop Foreman
Position: Sr. Shop Foreman
Status: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Available Shifts: Monday to Friday – 4:00AM to 12:30PM & 5:00PM to 1:30AM
Canada Cartage located in Mississauga is seeking candidates for the position of Shift Manager/Sr. Shop Foreman
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work order Management
- SRO (Standard Repair Order) creation with proper ATA/VRMS Codes for every section
- Ensure proper SRT’s are added to each SRO via the Motor look up module.
- Accurate and timely management of SRO statuses (Open, Complete, Closed)
- Review and authorization of all SRO’s (shift manager authorization limit $2000) prior to closing SRO’s.
- Manage Shop Productivity /Throughput
- Goal is to be 90% productive
- Management of individual indirect time labor codes to ensure shop throughput goals are achieved.
- Manage Shop Efficiency
- Tech & shift level compliance to SRT’s
- Support Tech’s with diagnostics and technical development as required to meet efficiency targets.
- Act as a liaison between shop floor and parts department to endure shop efficiency targets are achieved.
- Technician Management
- Attendance management
- Time Card authorization via TINA EDIT module
- Progressive Discipline
- Performance Appraisals (annually)
- Training & Development.
- WSIB Incident investigation and associated follow up.
- Equipment Down Time
- Responsibility to meet or exceed CCS Fleet O.O.S and Down time KPI’s
- Manage PM appointment process, Triage process, and ERR’s to ensure maximum fleet uptime
- Budget Responsibilities
- Shared responsibility for Cardiff Shop budget
- Shared responsibility for individual unit Total cost of ownership.
- Technical Responsibilities
- Proficient with all diagnostic software and proven ability to support tech development with these software systems.
- Subject Matter expert for the following
- On Command Connection
- CCS Telematics
- XRS e-log system
- On Going OEM Training
- Ensure all safety standards and policies are adhered to.
- Shared Participation with monthly facility audits.
- WSIB & Return to Work program management
- Responsibility for monthly tool box meetings.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- 310T Journeyperson
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a 310T Journeyperson
- Previous supervisory experience (minimum 1 year required as a foreperson or similar)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal & leaderships skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Good attention to detail
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people,
members of visible minority groups and women