IT Application Analyst
Application Analyst, IT – Canada Cartage System
Reports to: Manager, Warehouse Systems Department: Information Technology
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
The individual in this position will reside at one of our main hubs within Mississauga who will play a key role in supporting Canada Cartage’s applications and technology. The portfolio encompasses the Warehouse Management System, customer web portal, shipping platforms, picking technology, printing solutions and ancillary systems. The applications are a mix of 3rd party systems with some customizations and internally built applications.
The individual will administer the portfolio of warehouse applications and support day-to-day issues in a timely manner. This is a key role in ensuring the ongoing smooth operation of the business and becomes the natural go-to person for both resources within the technical team and the business community. They will act as a Subject Matter Expert for internal initiatives relating to these applications and participate in projects involving the warehouse.
· Utilize our Ticketing System to Log, prioritize, troubleshoot, route and monitor all support incidents or questions relating to the applications supported. Adhere to our SLA on issue/resolution turnaround.
· Assist other internal teams such as the Service Desk, Infrastructure Team or EDI Team with troubleshooting and technical support of related issues.
· Perform root cause analysis to determine the cause of recurring issues and either fix or provide recommendations toward solutions.
· Manage the upkeep of the application. Work with the Infrastructure, IT Security, DBAs and vendors to ensure that the applications and environments are updated routinely and functioning at an acceptable performance level.
· Continually drive improvements within the support processes by identifying opportunities for automation or simplifying processes.
· Some travel required on a per project basis to CCS facilities within Canada
· Warehouse on site support and training presence when required
Coordination of IT deliverables for small to medium sized projects
· Define scope, deliverables, success criteria and work breakdown structure for projects with management and stakeholders.
· Elicit and document requirements for system and process changes through interviews, discussions and review of systems or documentation.
· Use analytical skills and knowledge of systems and processes to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources (as sampled above), reconcile conflicts, identify gaps, perform root cause analysis, suggest improvements and arrive at value driven solutions.
· Proactively develop, direct and monitor the progress on a project by managing the plan, tasks and resources.
· Manage changes to scope associated with the project in a timely and suitable manner. Group changes into releases and manage expectations of stakeholders.
Subject Matter Expertise & Analysis
· Be a subject matter expert for the warehouse applications. Progressively understand the current functionality, keep up with future enhancements on the product roadmap, and assess capabilities in competing applications within the same domain.
· Review incoming IT Work Requests to understand the need, translate the business needs into technical requirements, and provide feedback into the project’s Solution/Design phases.
· Configure the applications based on the project’s design
· Lead and participate in testing activities within the supported applications by preparing test plans and test cases, managing or executing the tests, capturing results and ensuring defects are triaged and resolved.
· Support process mapping and SOP building for business processes undertaken using the application set.
· Prepare training documentation/SOPs and train both users and other trainers on system use.
· Mentor L1 staff or Super Users within the Business departments on activities they support in the systems.
Relationships & Communication
· Use effective communication and listening skills with internal customers, external customers, vendors, and team members within the IT department while troubleshooting system issues.
· Be flexible and astute in tailoring communication to different audiences. Example: Technical/vendor vs every day users and customers
· Build and maintain strong relationships with key day-to-day users of the system such that you can reinforce proper use of the system and become a change agent during project rollouts.
· Form relationships with the leadership of CCLS as appropriate to promote further understanding and appreciation of the systems in place.
· Manage the relationship with the Application vendors. This will involve routine touchpoints to ensure open issues are being addressed promptly and escalated for further attention as required.
Experience & Skills:
· Sound Analytical skills developed over 5+ years working in the capacity of an Application Support Analyst, Business Analyst or related roles.
· Experience working within the Supply Chain along with a good understanding of the business lifecycle managed within the Applications supporting it.
· Proficient within Körber Enterprise 3PL System (Accellos 3PL) or other Warehouse Management Systems integrated with picking and shipping technologies.
· Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening and presentation).
· Keen self-starter who is interested to learn new technologies and enjoys leading change.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and with a cross-functional team to achieve organizations goals.
· Ability to support multiple initiatives concurrently, balancing support and projects, and recognizes the importance of prioritization.
· Understanding of the role of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and integrations within Warehousing.
· Technically competent with MS Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project).
· Completion of a post-secondary degree in an analytical specialization (Engineering, Sciences or Business with IT concentration preferred) or equivalent practical experience.
Nice to haves:
· Lean Six Sigma or process improvement training
· Logistics industry certifications
· Experience using Jira, ManageEngine or other work management tools
· IT industry certifications
· Competence using SQL to query databases
· Experience with release management and scrums
· Experience working with Business Intelligence tools such as PowerBI
Working Hours and Location:
· Weekend and afterhours support is required based on production issues and project timelines
· Flexibility to travel between multiple facilities within Canada for project rollouts