310T Truck Technician- Afternoon Shift
Canada Cartage is the country's largest provider of outsourced fleet solutions, providing dedicated equipment and drivers to both small and large firms. We are looking for a licensed or apprentice 310T Technician to join the maintenance team.
Position: 310T Truck Technician
Status: Full time afternoons
Rate of Pay: $34.68/hour (licensed) + $2.00/hour shift premium
Shifts: Day Shift: Monday to Thursday, 03:00PM to 01:30AM
- Perform scheduled Preventative Maintenance Inspections and repairs.
- Perform diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Work towards meeting industry standard repair times for assigned repairs.
- Train on and stay current with new technologies.
- Maintain work areas of shop to meet health and safety standards.
- Communicate issues/concerns to managers as needed.
- Certified 310T mechanic with sound knowledge of shop practices.
- Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical/electrical problems while working with SRT.
- Self-motivated with a desire to meet and surpass company standards.
- Ability to use a computer to manage electronic punch times and payroll.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Must have own tools.
- Exposed to exhaust gases, vibrations, chemicals and shop noise.
- Ability to perform heavy work such as removing tractor wheel assemblies (120lbs).
The Canada Cartage advantage:
- No rotating shifts.
- No mandatory overtime.
- Minimal outside mobile work (only boosting).
- Heated shop equipped with pits for easy servicing.
- Uniforms provided.
- Recession-proof business model, steady hours all year around.
- Well maintained, modern fleet (mostly 2018 and newer).
- Performance based remuneration.
- Online OEM Education (Navistar, Cummins).
- Comprehensive benefits (life, disability, medication, dental, vision, RRSP and more).
- 3 paid sick days per year.
- Group discounts (Costco, Hertz, Bell, GMC, Lenovo, Goodlife Fitness and more).
- Tool, boot and winter coat allowance.
- College tuition fees reimbursement for apprentices.
- Solid career advancement opportunities.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.