Operations Manager - Home Delivery & Ecommerce
Operations Manager – Home Delivery & Ecommerce
Status: Full time
Shift Availability: Days
At Canada Cartage we work with zeal, intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions. We are currently looking to add an Operations Manager – Home Delivery & Ecommerce who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees. This role will be based in the Mississauga office and interested candidates are encouraged to apply below.
In this role, the Operations Manager of Home Delivery and Ecommerce Services will be accountable for the continued growth, excellence in client experience and operation models of Canada Cartage ecommerce home delivery services. This role will be responsible for bridging the gap between the day to day operations and ecommerce home delivery service providing our customers with exceptional customer service for parcel delivery. This role will be responsible for continuous improvement in building and growing our Home Delivery Parcel service, in addition to providing strategic planning and technical capabilities.
- Foster and maintain a working environment based on our six guiding principles – Integrity, Humanity, Accountability, Collaboration, Dedication, and Leadership.
- Support the Ecommerce Home delivery service on a National Level
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Bridge the gap between the daily operations and home parcel delivery service
- Profit & Loss responsibility including budget development and implementation.
- Provide continuous improvement as the business grows and expands to ensure customer satisfaction and stay competitive with market trends
- Provide sound technical support with various platforms and technology
- Gather and analyze data for metrics and reporting
- Create various dashboards, metrics, KPI’S, reporting,
- Balance the need for high service levels with responsible and efficient cost management.
- Support and enforce the Company’s Health and Safety Compliance policies, along with provincial and federal laws and regulations specific to the transportation industry, including Carrier Profile standards, HOS regulations, etc.
- Develop and maintain a results focused, winning team and providing regular and consistent open communication to all employees.
- Promote and manage strong driver relations at every level of the organization.
- Ensure operations teams and drivers have the necessary tools to perform their job functions.
- Develop and implement both internal and external customer facing goal, target, and performance measures and standards.
- Monitor and manage customer service levels to ensure expectations are met or exceeded
- Participate in regular communications and strategy sessions as they involve new customer acquisition, customer retention, continuous improvement, and cost containment strategies.
- Conduct regular formal employee reviews and informal feedback discussions for all staff within their area of responsibility.
- Monitor fleet performance, maintenance, and utilization to effectively deliver required service standards
- Participate in regional and national strategy meetings as required, along with pro-actively collaborating and working with Directors at other terminals in Western Canada
- Ensure consistent adherence to company progressive discipline standards and expectations throughout the organization.
- Ensure front-line operations teams effectively use the technology provided with compliance to company requirements and standards, including A1T TMS, Radius Hub, telematics, and KPI generation templates.
- Maintain open, pro-active communication with local, regional, and head office teams.
- Other duties as required.
- Proven leadership, motivation and development skills in a fast paced work environment.
- Experience with home parcel delivery and ecommerce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to balance an involved hands-on approach while ensuring accountability at all levels of the organization
- Sound growth and continuous improvement abilities
- Proven ability to deliver on financial expectations and results
- Hands on experience with continuous improvement and building the growth of a dept. or part of the business
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks
- Experience with P&L responsibility/accountability, including budget planning, reporting, KPI
- Ability to find, gather, analyze date and create reporting, KPI’S, metrics, etc.
- Experience with working in a unionized environment and managing a large unionized driver/employee base.
- Proven record and experience in effective customer relations.
- MS Office suite proficiency, in particular Excel
- Exceptional technical experience with various platforms
- 5 to 7 years’ related experience in Transportation, Operations, Home Delivery, Ecommerce or Courier
- Transportation background is ideal, experience with sprinter vans an asset
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Fast paced environment
- Interactive role required to be in office daily
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.