Position Summary: This position will plan, organize, support and evaluate procurement and maintenance activities and will propose business policies and procedures to increase departmental efficiency and effectiveness.
Location - Port Coquitlam, BC
Schedule - Monday - Friday, may vary.
Why work for Canada Cartage?
Extended Health and Dental Benefits, RRSP and Company-Matching Pension Plans
Discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, home services, cars, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
Work with a company named "Canada's Best Employer 2020" in Transportation & Logistics by Forbes
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement new standard operating procedures and train employees as needed
- Handling of Trans-Loading planning
- Act as liaison between staff and customers software and equipment
- Continuous Improvement
- Provide leadership, daily coaching, and development of hourly staff
- Manage customer account(s) in accordance with company’s policies and procedures to obtain optimal profitability
- Ensure staff morale and management / staff communication is maintained through regular communication/correspondence
- Client Planning / Scheduling Coordinator SR.
- Management of client CTC VMS internal program system
- Yard Management - Trans-Loading containers
- Organizing documentation and workflow to the floor for execution
- Reporting to client daily on operational issue
- Other duties as required.
- University graduate or a combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 4 years of management experience, preferably in the transportation industry
- Excellent leadership and analytical skills
- MS Office proficiency necessary; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience in a 24/7 operation, preferably in the Transportation industry
- Strong and effective communication skills; written, oral and interpersonal
- Negotiation and/or facilitation ability
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and employ effective time management skills
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.