Safety & Compliance Administrative Clerk
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions. We are currently looking to add a Safety and Compliance Administrator to our Mississauga Office who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees. This role will be based in the Brampton location and interested candidates are encouraged to apply below.
Position: Safety & Compliance Administrative Clerk
Status: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Position Overview: Safety & Compliance Administrative Clerk will be responsible for assisting the team with the administrative tasks required for Driver Safety; reviewing Log Books, Permits, Filing, Insurance Inquiries, Tickets, Violations, Motor Vehicle Accidents, etc.
- Monitor and Run daily, weekly and monthly Electronic Log, Speed Gauge and Electronic DVIR Compliance Reports
- Enter driver tickets, violations and MVA’s into an internal database
- Report all Motor Vehicle Accidents to Central Claims department
- Schedule and coordinator road test for agency drivers
- Enter driver information in Safety & Compliance database
- Coordinate and maintain driver files; ensure all files are compliant to company policy and federal regulations
- Monitor driver certification expiry dates and follow up to schedule training and renewals with the Safety & Compliance Manager.
- Assist in performing internal department audits
- Other duties as required
- 1-3 years office administration experience
- Positive work attitude and ability to provide exceptional administrative support
- Possess excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills: Proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Programs and ability to type 45+ Words per Minute
- Experience within Logistics & Transportation is considered an asset
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.