On-Road Safety & Compliance Supervisor
ON-ROAD SAFETY SUPERVISOR
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
We are currently looking to add a full-time On-Road Safety Supervisor, to our team. Someone who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees.
This position is located at our Mississauga Terminal, at 1115 Cardiff Blvd., and reporting to the Safety and Compliance Manager, with a dotted line to the Terminal Manager. The Safety Supervisor of “tomorrow” is more focused on coaching, training drivers and operations. While supporting Canada Cartage’s vision and mission in all activities, and demonstrating the company’s core values of commitment, open communication, respect and excellent service.
- Provide/Coordinate remedial and/or in-cab instruction and coaching to newer and experienced drivers when required.
- Coach drivers on pre-trip inspection, defensive driving, HOS, (E-logs) when required.
- Conduct safety checks on drivers and trucks to ensure they are safe and following our company policies as well as Provincial and Federal regulations.
- Conduct/Coordinate in cab evaluations
- Track and report on safety activities to improve safety within your division(s) Some of the activities include but not limited to;
- Safe Driver Program
- Speed gauge
- CVOR activities
- HOS/DVIR violations through internal audits and random checks
- Assist/Coordinate and/or lead first response calls.
- Support assigned terminal(s) Joint Health and Safety Committees.
- Conduct post collision interviews with drivers along with your Operations team
- Provide subject matter expertise in HTA regulations
- Support your division’s initiatives and goals they have set to improve their safety results.
- Communicate and coach Pro-Trainers on driver safety matters.
- Report weekly results and activities during weekly team calls with Safety and Compliance Manager.
- A template will be provided for these weekly team meetings.
Core Competencies and Qualification:
- 3-5 years hands on Driver safety and compliance experience in the Transportation industry
- Fluently bilingual in Punjabi or Hindi and English
- Ability to drive organizational and provincial legislation changes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Formal problem-solving techniques, reporting, investigations experience
- Hands on with a sense of urgency, ability to manage under pressure and manage multiple priorities and projects
- Must have a valid AZ license
- Safety experience in Transportation and Health and Safety
- Fleet Driver trainer experience and/or PDIC certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of all types of vehicles
- Proven classroom/vehicle training experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Integrity and ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Diplomacy and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to remain calm under demanding conditions
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
Why work for Canada Cartage?
We are a family-oriented company with competitive benefits, including extended health and dental, RRSP and Company-Matching pension plans; discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few of the perks; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere. We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities
We also have Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Recognized leader in the industry:
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
We’re growing! We have also been ranked in the top 10 of Today’s Trucking top 100 ranking of Canada’s largest for-hire truck fleets for 2022. https://hubs.la/Q017bTLd0
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.