Roadside Assistance - Call Centre Customer Service
Call Centre / Roadside Assistance
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
We are currently looking to add a full-time Nightshift, Call Centre, Customer Service Representative to our team. Someone who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees.
Located at 490 Lucas Ave, Winnipeg, MB with training on-site, then transition to remote / hybrid and reporting to the Supervisor, the Call Center Customer Service Representative supports the needs of Canada Cartage staff throughout the provinces of BC, AB, SK, MB, ON & QC. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting drivers and operations staff with transportation troubleshooting and support.
Shift: 8:00pm to 8:00am, 12 hour night shift, 4 on – 4 off
Note: must have a valid drivers license and access to a vechical
- Provide Customer Service to drivers and operations staff located all over Canada
- Keep records of all conversations in database, enter the result of each communication into the Transman software and perform necessary follow-ups
- Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, and provide solutions and/or alternatives
- Communicate all customer requests and needs to appropriate team members
- Acquire and maintain product and systems knowledge
- Assist all customers through inbound calls, emails, and/or chats
- Works in conjunction with all Maintenance Administrative Staff to ensure timely entry of vendor repair orders and audits performed as required.
- Copying and filing any documents as required
- Maintains a high level of open communication regarding department needs and expectations with colleagues on the management team
- Works co-operatively with other team members to ensure efficient execution of Corporate Strategy
- Recommends procedure and system requirements or upgrades
- Maintains positive relationships with all departments and provides recruiting and retention support across the organization.
Core Competencies and Qualification:
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience required
- Previous call center experience an asset
- Must be an active listener and help resolve customer inquiries
- Minimum keyboarding skills of 35 WPM and 5,000 keystrokes per hour required
- Excellent interpersonal skills; personable with strong conversation etiquette
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to clearly articulate information in English to all demographics by telephone.
- Ability to work independently and perform under pressure
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible with the company’s ever changing needs
- Intermediate proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office and web based applications preferred
- Experience with Transman and Road Service Module an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail
- MUST HAVE ACCESS TO A VEHICLE
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
Why work for Canada Cartage?
We are a family-oriented company with competitive benefits, including extended health and dental, RRSP and Company-Matching pension plans; discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few of the perks; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere. We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities.
We also have Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Recognized leader in the industry:
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
We’re growing! We have also been ranked in the top 10 of Today’s Trucking top 100 ranking of Canada’s largest for-hire truck fleets for 2022. https://hubs.la/Q017bTLd0
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.