Position: Claims Specialist
Position Summary: Reporting to the National Manager of Risk Management, the Claims Specialist is responsible for investigating and processing all company claims
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works with staff and management in Fleet and Maintenance Department to coordinate repairs to damaged equipment.
- Works with assigned independent and representatives from our insurance company on bringing claim to resolution.
- Coordinates with repair facilities, recovery companies and branches on getting damaged equipment repaired and back into operations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Negotiates, settles and resolves motor vehicle accident claims, cargo and property losses with customers and third parties.
- Receives and reviews all incident reports and claim investigation material including Motor Accident Reports, Property Damage and Warehouse Exception reports.
- Establishes and manages both hard copy and e-copy claim files with all documentation and investigation material housed in chronological order.
- Coordinates and handles all internal claims investigations and communicates the findings internally and to the customer/vendor within a timely manner.
- Administers the financial aspects of all claims including establishing claim reserves, internal cost allocation, processing loss payments and subrogation collection.
- Perform duties in accordance with industry standards, regulations, corporate timelines, performance standards and workplace safety and health policies and procedures.
- Participates with an on call rotation
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
- Completion of high school required
- Completion of Post-Secondary Business Administration or equivalent course required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience handling auto and cargo losses
- Proficient in Microsoft office products including excel, internet and database applications
- Must be able to demonstrate active verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a typing speed of over 40 WPM
- Above average interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, organizational and planning skills required
- Ability to problem solve, self-motivated and work independently
- Good negotiation skills and customer service focus
- Experience working in claims or trucking considered an asset
- Insurance Institute of Canada (CIP Program) designation considered asset
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women