Position: Planner - Dispatch
Status: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Schedule: Monday to Friday - 1:00PM to 9:30PM
Canada Cartage is seeking candidates for the position of a planner who will be responsible but not limited to, all activities involved in effectively executing the daily driver assignments generated in system by relaying, directing even problem solving to complete a load assignment in the most efficient manner possible.
Details of Position:
- Accurately receive customer orders and dispatch appropriate trucks to complete required work.
- Confirm that required production volumes are completed and assigned.
- Maintain electronic and/or written lists of job orders and trucks, as well as times of pickup and delivery.
- Maintain and record all information / KPI’s as required by customers.
- Organization and assignment of all orders; utilizing proper manpower and equipment to meet customer service expectations.
- Work in conjunction with other divisions to organize the allocations of resources and equipment.
- Planning and coordinating maintenance for equipment in conjunction with the Maintenance Shop.
- Ensure that all employees dispatched have the appropriate training certificates to operate units and work in accordance with government regulations and customer site-specific requirements.
- Liaise with the Senior Traffic Planner and Operations Manager to effectively manage dispatch personnel performance.
- Promote and support all company Safety Programs and initiatives to ensure the safety of our employees, clients, property, the environment, and the public.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- 2 to 4 years of experience in the transportation industry as a Planner
- Must have a consistently positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills, both in person and on the phone.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple priorities
- Team player, possessing impressive leadership abilities, with strong analytical and written communication skills
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and critical decision-making capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with City and Linehaul Planning and dispatching
- HOS knowledge an asset
- Proficient within a Windows operating system; Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people,
members of visible minority groups and women