Warehouse Lead Hand
WAREHOUSE LEAD HAND -BILINGUAL
Why you’ll love Canada Cartage
An iconic Canadian company with over 100 years of helping companies grow and succeed in Canada, we provide national dedicated fleet solutions, general freight services, managed transportation, fulfillment & distribution, and home delivery. With a national network of terminals, cross-docks, and distribution centers, we are one of Canada’s largest and most trusted supply chain service providers. Driven to exceed customer expectations, and supported by technology and innovation, we bring simplicity to complex logistics challenges.
We work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Warehouse Lead Hand is responsible for achieving the prescribed company objectives for safety, efficiency, quality, inventory accuracy and customer service. Particular emphasis is placed on the guidance of warehouse team members and working according to operational action plans specific to receiving, customer service, warehousing, returns management and doors and windows in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
Location: 1100 Polytek St, Gloucester,
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
What you will do:
•Monitor Employees including performance, conduct, and work quality
•Ensure Receiving accuracy
•Oversee safety, security and housekeeping
•Assist in inventory management
•Assist in freight booking and dock planning
- Ensure AREA is updated on-time and accurately
- Vendors’ pick-ups on time.
- Oversee doors and window program
•Meet customer service expectations
- Inventory Management
- Identifies potential discrepancies in inventories and performs documented audits as required.
- Develop expert knowledge of the customer SOPs to ensure staff compliance with processes and procedures, particularly using RF.
Monitor employee performance
- Oversee the operation of the warehouse Team Members to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Set an example to all Team Members of professional and ethical work practices.
- Ensure Team Member training is conducted using Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide timely information regarding Team Member performance in the areas of attendance, production, quality, safety, and housekeeping to immediate supervisor.
- Ensure warehouse staff is completing time sheets accurately and on-time.
- Assist with management of temp labour as required.
- Monitor KPIs and assist with management of staff to meet KPI objectives.
- Supervise staff on MHE operations.
Supervise safety, security and housekeeping
- Observes work performance of Team Members and ensures work is performed in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Identifies safety problems and alerts direct supervisor immediately to ensure the employee or situation does not present a hazard to himself or other workers in the workplace, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assists Warehouse Staff in the performance of their assigned duties.
- Reports all accidents to direct Supervisor and aids in the investigation in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, and company policy.
- Evaluate housekeeping, security and safety standards on a daily basis.
- Review warehouse operations daily to ensure the warehouse is neat, secure and organized.
- Monitor operations to ensure that damage to product, equipment and the facility are prevented and reported.
- Reinforces Team Member safety awareness by communicating equipment/procedure changes to Team Members. Provides general communication on relevant safety issues and concerns.
- Brings forward any safety concerns brought forward by team members to Supervisor.
- Accountable to the Operations Manager for the efficient performance of all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Co-ordinates activities with co-workers, Team Members, and contracted personnel and other visitors to the operation.
- Is available to accompany visitors on site visits as required.
- Assists CSRs in troubleshooting and resolving day-to-day issues and activities.
- Communicates with customers, carriers and vendors as required via phone and email.
- Other duties as required by Supervisor or Operations Manager.
What You’ll Bring
- Able to communicate in both English and French
- Must be flexible to work various hours Monday to Friday 7:00AM – 6:00PM with occasional overtime or weekend shift requirements as directed by the Operations Supervisor or Manager
•Reliable self-starter capable of working alone
•Must be able to lead staff to meet customer demands and company objectives
•Must be capable of applying effective communication skills orally and in writing.
•Must have proven analytical and problem solving skills
•Experience in and a solid understanding of warehousing and distribution.
•Must possess knowledge of all applicable health and safety legislation.
•Must be capable of coordinating the training of subordinates to ensure the adequate development of work skills.
•Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
Why people love working for Canada Cartage
- Extended health and dental, retirement plans
- Paid personal days and sick days
- Cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere.
- Meaningful opportunities for career growth.
- Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize employees when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
- Perks - discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few
- Fun events throughout the year, like summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together.
- We give back to the communities in which we operate by volunteering and donating to local charities.
- We are a strong company that weathers the storm through pandemics and recessionary periods, so that we can benefit from good economic environments.
We are a top employer!
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
We’re growing! We have also been ranked in the top 10 of Today’s Trucking top 100 ranking of Canada’s largest for-hire truck fleets for 2022. https://hubs.la/Q017bTLd0
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who will deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Before you start with us, we will conduct a criminal record check, verify your education, and check your references.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.