Why you’ll love Canada Cartage
An iconic Canadian company with over 100 years of helping companies grow and succeed in Canada, we provide national dedicated fleet solutions, general freight services, managed transportation, fulfillment & distribution, and home delivery. With a national network of terminals, cross-docks, and distribution centers, we are one of Canada’s largest and most trusted supply chain service providers. Driven to exceed customer expectations, and supported by technology and innovation, we bring simplicity to complex logistics challenges.
We work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for ensuring customer expectations are met or exceeded by the operations team in a cost-effective, safe, and professional manner in line with our company's core values. In addition, achieving the prescribed company objectives for safety, efficiency, quality, and inventory accuracy. Emphasis is placed on the management of Team Members and the implementation of proactive operations action plans specific to receiving, warehousing and shipping product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
Location: 250 First Gulf Blvd., Brampton
Schedule: Monday to Friday, dayshift
What you will do:
- Employee Management and Development
- Conducting regular formal employee reviews and informal feedback discussions for all staff within their area of responsibility
- Help drive goal, target and performance standards
- Actively participate in Labor Management initiatives to ensure that the interests of the employees are being looked after
- Ensure the operations team has the necessary tools to perform their job functions
- Responsible to ensure the front-line operations teams use the technology provided and use it in the company-sanctioned manner. This includes the systems, and any other tools or technology that applies to operations
- Work closely with the staff in all aspect of the day-to-day operations of the account(s) they are responsible for completing
- Ensure targets and deadlines for inbound and outbound shipments are met in a timely manner
- Communicate and support Operations, Management team and Clients/Customers
- Provide customer support and resolve any escalations
- Balance the needs for high service levels and at the correct cost levels
- Support and enforce the Company’s Health and Safety and Compliance policies
What You’ll Bring
- 3-5 years of related work experience in the logistics industry, ecommerce and/or GMP experience is an asset
- Planning capabilities with focus on deadlines and targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Previous customer service and client interaction experience
- Good interpersonal skills; previous leadership experience managing a team
- Ability to handle high volumes and multiple projects and tasks
- Strong analytical experience in direct/variable cost management
- MS Office proficiency necessary, Excel, RF Scanner Technology and WMS system experience
- Direct experience with staff scheduling in a variable work volume environment required
- Experience with training, coaching, development and discipline
- Strong team building abilities with passion to motivate and influence
- Hands on approach, directly involved in day to day activity with capacity to learn and grow
- Innovative solutions focused aptitude with desire to influence in a positive manner
Why people love working for Canada Cartage
- Extended health and dental, retirement plans
- Paid personal days and sick days
- Cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere.
- Meaningful opportunities for career growth.
- Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize employees when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
- Perks - discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few
- Fun events throughout the year, like summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together.
- We give back to the communities in which we operate by volunteering and donating to local charities.
- We are a strong company that weathers the storm through pandemics and recessionary periods, so that we can benefit from good economic environments.
We are a top employer!
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
We’re growing! We have also been ranked in the top 10 of Today’s Trucking top 100 ranking of Canada’s largest for-hire truck fleets for 2022. https://hubs.la/Q017bTLd0
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Before you start with us, we will conduct a criminal record check, verify your education, and check your references.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.