Reporting directly to the Director, Human Resources, the HR Coordinator will support the Human Resources team by performing various administrative tasks and functions mostly related to on/off-boarding, disability administration and employee life events and workforce analytics reporting. The position functions in an environment where considerable attention to detail and the ability to handle highly confidential material is required. The HR Coordinator is client-focused and resourceful with the proven ability to multi-task while demonstrating a strong sense of urgency. He/she uses creativity, attention to detail and professionalism to bring ideas to improve administrative processes and efficiency to the team.
A successful HR Coordinator has an interest in the HR function and gains satisfaction from providing support to the team and our business partners. He/she can effectively communicate and coordinate administrative tasks and keep updated with our team’s activities in order to be the first point of contact for our internal business partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing day-to day HR administrative and disability support. Includes answering routine employee questions, maintaining employment files, reporting, corporate initiatives, vacation and benefits.
- Maintain the HRIS system including new hires, transfers, salary changes, promotions, terminations, LOA’s etc.
- Create and generate regular and ad-hoc reporting analytics to support and monitor strategic business decisions and processes for continuous improvement and to drive value.
- Responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of HR data, and participate in regular disability audits.
- Supports the WSIB, case management and return to work process with Managers, WSIB and Vendor.
- Files WSIB claims and assist in facilitating early and safe return to work processes.
- Conduct new hire orientations, and audit all required HR documentation for the employee file
- Manage the Company Recognition and Service Award Programs, Employment Equity and Statistics Canada reporting requirements.
- Work collaboratively with other members of HR, operations and business units.
- Supports the administration of annual HR activities including but not limited to: Succession Planning, mid-year reviews, performance appraisals and development plans
- Supports HR and operational staff to drive consistency for transactional HR activities in the business. (Announcements, Org Charts, Compliance Administration, etc.)
- Perform miscellaneous clerical functions and special projects, and other duties assigned by management.
- Establish and maintain valued business partnerships. Enhances culture through employee interactions. Drive a value added responsive HR function.
- University and/or College education, preferably in a discipline related to Human Resources; CHRP or in pursuit of the designation is an asset.
- Minimum two years or more years of Human Resources experience required;
- Must be self-driven, detail oriented, organized, capable of working autonomously, have excellent communication & interpersonal skills, and possess the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Must have the professionalism & integrity to deal with highly confidential & sensitive information;
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and deadlines;
- Strong computer skills-Microsoft Office products and HRIS system experience;
- Must have effective interpersonal skills, effective oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of other provincial legislation is an asset;
- Knowledge of HR practices and fundamentals required.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women