Position: Day Planner - Dispatch
Status: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Schedule: Monday to Friday – 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Canada Cartage is seeking candidates for the position of a planner who will be responsible but not limited to, all activities involved in effectively executing the daily driver assignments generated in system by relaying, directing even problem solving to complete a load assignment in the most efficient manner possible.
Details of Position:
- Accurately receive customer orders and dispatch appropriate trucks to complete required work.
- Confirm that required production volumes are completed and assigned.
- Maintain electronic and/or written lists of job orders and trucks, as well as times of pickup and delivery.
- Maintain and record all information / KPI’s as required by customers.
- Organization and assignment of all orders; utilizing proper manpower and equipment to meet customer service expectations.
- Work in conjunction with other divisions to organize the allocations of resources and equipment.
- Planning and coordinating maintenance for equipment in conjunction with the Maintenance Shop.
- Ensure that all employees dispatched have the appropriate training certificates to operate units and work in accordance with government regulations and customer site-specific requirements.
- Liaise with the Senior Traffic Planner and Operations Manager to effectively manage dispatch personnel performance.
- Promote and support all company Safety Programs and initiatives to ensure the safety of our employees, clients, property, the environment, and the public.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- 2 to 4 years of experience in the transportation industry as a Planner
- Must have a consistently positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills, both in person and on the phone.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple priorities
- Team player, possessing impressive leadership abilities, with strong analytical and written communication skills
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and critical decision-making capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with City and Linehaul Planning and dispatching
- HOS knowledge an asset
- Proficient within a Windows operating system; Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.