Technical Support Analyst - L3
Position: Technical Support Analyst (L3)
Status: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Reporting to Manager IT Infrastructure , the Technical Support Analyst provides effective and timely operational and technical support to end-users concerning system applications, hardware and software. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving incidents and problems, and escalating where necessary.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monitor and respond to incoming requests to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Collaboratively prioritize and manage the queue of service desk requests to ensure consistent and effective service delivery.
- Utilize tools to remotely manage devices, restore service, and assist stakeholders by resolving incidents effectively and efficiently.
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process.
- Maintaining the current network and systems infrastructure and policies.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Conducting research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Managing servers, including e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Daily server administration and troubleshooting of a Microsoft Active Directory based networked environment including all supporting components such as GPO, DNS, IIS, DHCP, WUS, Site replication, etc.
- Providing network administration and troubleshooting of an Exchange 2010 Email environment.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Set up, revise and terminate user profiles on various business systems using defined procedures.
- Respond to virus intrusions and resolve issues in a timely and effective manner, or escalate to relevant analyst where required.
- Prepare activity reports.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Manage PC, Laptop setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
Education and Experience
- Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline, and at least 5 years of IT systems and technical support experience related to business and systems applications.
- Working knowledge of VMware and Microsoft server technologies are required
- Demonstrated knowledge of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals.
- Proven experience in installing, upgrading, and maintaining servers and associated operating systems.
- Excellent communication, inter-personal, customer service and problem solving skills in order to listen to, train and assist users in identifying needs and resolving problems, often involving conveying technical information to non-technical users.
- Excellent analytical, hardware and software troubleshooting skills to address problems presented by users.
- Able to work independently with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving ability
- Strong attention to detail with good documentation skills
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women