Talent Acquisition Specialist
Who we are:
TRUSTED, TRIED, AND TRUE
With over 100 years of helping companies grow and succeed in Canada, we provide national dedicated fleet solutions, general freight services, managed transportation, fulfillment & distribution, and home delivery. With a national network of terminals, cross-docks, and distribution centers, we are one of Canada’s largest and most trusted supply chain service providers. Driven to exceed customer expectations, and supported by technology and innovation, we bring simplicity to complex logistics challenges.
About this team:
The Talent Acquisition team is responsible for ensuring Canada Cartage is the #1 talent destination, attracting exceptional people from all over the world to add to our culture, values and vibe.
A day in the life of a Talent Acquisition Specialist:
- Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager, the Talent Acquisition Specialist delivers full cycle recruiting for hourly and salaried positions up to mid-level
- Facilitates interviews to understand candidate journey and evaluates competencies for business needs
- Partners with Talent Acquisition Partners, other team members and Hiring Managers on forecasted requisitions and new business requirements
- Build diverse talent pipelines aligned to the Company’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives
- Promotes Canada Cartage as an employer of choice
- Utilize and leverage HR technology tools related to applicant tracking, candidate database and recruitment marketing
Who you are:
- You are passionate about people!
- Charismatic, engaging and happy are all words others have used to describe you
- You strive to be the best you can be and have an entrepreneurial spirit
- When the going gets tough, you get creative!
- You care about fostering an inclusive culture by ensuring an inclusive talent acquisition process
- You are hungry for training and development opportunities in talent acquisition
- Minimum 1 year full cycle recruitment experience in a fast pace environment
- Familiar with modern and traditional candidate sourcing methods
- Intermediate communication, negotiation and influencing skills required
- Must be comfortable with technology