Dispatcher - Day's (4 on 4 off)
Dispatcher – Day shift
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
We are currently looking to add a full-time Dispatcher, to our team. Someone who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees.
Located at our Port Coquitlam location and reporting to the Operations Manager, the Dispatcher, the dispatcher will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations of driver dispatch, scheduling, routing and ensuring that all activities are accurately recorded I the company’s transportation management system.
Shift: 4 days on, 4 days off - Dayshift
- Assess and support all driver inquiries
- Escalate issues to Management when unable to resolve
- Provide drivers with all relevant information and/or tools for their trip; maps, schedules, trip sheets, access codes, trip numbers, tractor keys, log books, etc.
- Create ERR’s (Equipment Repair Requests), Audit Driver DVIR’s (Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports)
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is accurately entered in the A1 system in a timely manner; live updating, order entry, to planning, to activating, progressing and closing trips.
- Provide Dispatchers & Planners with information needed for shift change reports
- Support Dispatchers & Planners in recovery planning for drivers, tractors, and/or trailers
- Supply CSR’s with information needed for customer reports
- Ensure driver trip sheets are complete
- Operation of the switch board; answering phone calls and transferring to the proper department policies.
- Other duties as required
Core Competencies and Qualification:
- Minimum 1 year experience as a dispatcher in the trucking industry required
- Understanding of transportation and Hours Of Service required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Leadership skills and proven experience in handling multiple priorities
- Must be able to work independently and in high stress environments
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and critical decision-making capabilities
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and be able to work overtime if the demand arises
- Proficient with Microsoft Programs; Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to type up to 45 words per minute
- Experience with a computerized dispatch system is an asset
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
Why work for Canada Cartage?
We are a family-oriented company with competitive benefits, including extended health and dental, RRSP and Company-Matching pension plans; discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few of the perks; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere. We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities
We also have Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Recognized leader in the industry:
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
We’re growing! We have also been ranked in the top 10 of Today’s Trucking top 100 ranking of Canada’s largest for-hire truck fleets for 2022. https://hubs.la/Q017bTLd0
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.