Senior Shop Manager
Position: Senior Shop Manager
Status: Full Time
Canada Cartage located in Mississauga is seeking candidates for the position of Sr. Shop Manager.
This position is responsible for the daily operation and administration of the Mississauga Truck Shop. The manager is responsible to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the shop while focusing on fleet up time and cost effective repairs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership to all aspects of the shop.
- Maintaining an efficient maintenance staff by supporting technical needs, mentoring and problem solving difficult repair issues.
- Ensuring that tractor, straight truck & material handling maintenance areas are functioning effectively & efficiently (S.R.T’s uses as a measurement tool).
- Ensuring the output of work by team members is done in a timely manner and everyone is focused on high priority equipment repairs and meeting CCS operational needs.
- Ensuring all preventative maintenance and related company polices and/or procedures are followed.
- Ensuring that the CCS Maintenance Software system (TMW) is used as per company S.O.P’s and timelines.
- Ensures that shop and all support staff adheres to all provincial & federal standards and related safety requirements.
- Meet operational requirements for equipment availability
- Ensuring shop meet or exceeds MTCE budget and the total maintenance spend on company owned equipment is per company expectation.
Core Competencies and Qualifications
- Must have a journeyman’s license
- 5 years of previous fleet maintenance experience.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal & leaderships skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Good attention to detail
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women