Dispatcher - 4 on 4 off Days
Status: Full Time
Location: Cambridge, ON
Schedule: Days 4 on 4 off (2:30 AM to 14:30 PM)
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions. We are currently looking to add a Dispatcher who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees. This role will be based in the Cambridge office and interested candidates are encouraged to apply below.
The Dispatcher will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations of driver dispatch, scheduling, routing and to ensure that all activities are accurately recorded in the company’s transportation management system.
- Ensuring that all work is accurately entered and managed in the A1T system in a timely manner, from; order entry, to planning, to activating, progressing and closing trips
- Plan and schedule drivers efficiently, resulting in the reduction/elimination of non-revenue hours, empty miles and an increase in driver productivity
- Manage and direct all incoming inquiries through the dispatch telephone lines to ensure a clear, efficient flow of information to the appropriate people
- Be the front line contact for drivers regarding scheduling and work availability
- Coordinate with maintenance and Operations to ensure that the required equipment is available
- Assign equipment to upcoming runs to ensure all of our customer’s needs will be met
- Communicate with drivers to ensure that appointment delivery times are met
- Monitor special driver requirements for each site to ensure they are being adhered to
- Report all driver absences and tardiness to the Manager
- Ensure proper placement of trailer pool to support customers’ daily requirements while maintaining costs
- Complete customer reporting and tracking spreadsheets as required
- Assist in the dispatching of drivers as required
- To perform other duties as assigned by the reporting manager
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- 2 years of prior dispatch experience is required
- 1-2 years of planning and scheduling experience is required
- Previous experience and/or a familiarity with trucking is required
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and possess excellent problem solving skills
- Proficient in Windows Outlook, Microsoft excel, and a transportation management system
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and overtime if the demand arises
- Experience in a 24 x 7 operation, preferably in the transportation industry
- Trained in Hours of Service an asset
- Familiarity with A1T an asset
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.