Truck Dispatcher - Night Shift, 4 on 4 off
Canada Cartage is seeking candidates for the position of Dispatcher. This role is responsible for supporting and monitoring all on road activities completed by highway drivers.
Location: 4700 102 Avenue SE, Calgary, AB
Schedule: 4 shifts on, 4 days off, 3:00 PM to 3:00 AM
Details of Position:
- Assess and support all driver inquires, supplying drivers with all needed information and tools for their trip. IE Trip sheets, access codes for locations, trip numbers, tractors keys
- Create ERR requests and ensure great communication with shop in regards to all repairs etc
- Utilize Back Office and XRS to help track and monitor driver activity
- Support and facilitate account coordinator requests completing all daily add-ons as required
- Complete end of shift reports reporting any issues, breakdowns, rescues etc.
- Supply CSR with information needed for customer reports.
- Ensure Trip Sheets are complete and A1 live updates are complete, progressing trips as required
- Manage all incoming/outgoing phone calls and emails as required
- Sort all inbound driver paperwork to assist Admin Coordinator for payroll
- CSR evening duties (respond in timely manner to all customer requests)
- Monitor Driver Gate
- Other Duties as Required
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year of Dispatching or related experience within the Transportation Industry
- Good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in the following Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to type up to 45 words per minute
- Familiarity with trucking and hours of service, an asset
- Proven experience in handling multiple priorities
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
- Must be available to work overtime if the demand arises
- Strong leadership skills
Why work for Canada Cartage?
Extended Health and Dental Benefits, RRSP and Company-Matching Pension Plans
Discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, home services, cars, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
Work with a company named "Canada's Best Employer 2018" in Transportation & Logistics by Forbes
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.