Accounts Payable Administrative Clerk
Reporting to the Director of Operations for BC, the Accounts Payable Administrative Clerk will be responsible for maintaining an accurate record of accounts payables and invoices as well as general office duties.
Location: 18371 McCartney Way, Richmond, BC (TEMPORARY LOCATION), Office will be moving to Port Coquitlam
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Details of Position:
- Receive, sort, prepare, enter and code invoices by ensuring purchase orders, receiving's, and invoices are matched then set up for payment
- Print, scan, and index invoices
- Determines and uses the proper account codes and obtains appropriate approvals
- Prepares and enters cheque requests, expense reports, and manual cheques for various companies
- Ensure vendors are paid on a timely and accurate basis to avoid service charges
- Issue Purchase Orders
- Order Office, Safety and Warehouse supplies as needed
- Order uniforms and update the uniform purchase summary for each driver to prevent overages
- Open and distribute incoming mail
- Process outgoing mail; complete courier waybills
- Prepare various spreadsheet reports; petty cash, expense allocation, Owner Operator accrual summaries, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or Office Administration an asset
- Must have minimum 2 years of Accounts Payable experience and handling PO's, invoices, and payments
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter who must have proven time management , analytical, decision-making, organizational, and problem solving skills to organize workload, set priorities, and to ensure large volume work tasks are performed accurately within the deadlines scheduled
- Superior interpersonal verbal, listening, and communication skills
- Must have effective business writing and professional communication skills
- Must be able to respond to questions and make calls regarding billing problems.
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Strong Computer skills; highly proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
Why work for Canada Cartage?
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits, RRSP and Company-Matching Pension Plans
- Discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, home services, cars, etc.
- Work with a company named “Canada’s Best Employer 2018” in Transportation & Logistics by Forbes
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.