Operations Supervisor - Tanker Division (CONTRACT)
Canada Cartage in Edmonton is seeking a Manage with Trucking and Transportation experience for an Operations role. The Operations Manager is responsible for working with the day-to-day activities of the Operations Team (Customer Service, Planning, Dispatch, Recruitment, and Safety) to effectively implement transportation services to customers and to ensure that all activities are accurately recorded in the company’s transportation management system.
This is a Contract position until June 30, 2019
- Assisting in interviewing, training, developing staff skill sets and coaching for all Support Staff and Drivers within their area of responsibility.
- Ensuring Dispatchers, Planners, Customer Service representatives and Drivers have the necessary tools to perform their job functions.
- Scheduling and managing support staff, including Drivers and equipment resources.
Ensuring 24-hour shift coverage.
- Assisting Dispatchers in troubleshooting and resolving day-to-day issues and activities.
- Conducting regular formal employee reviews and informal feedback discussions for all staff within their area of responsibility.
- Monitoring service levels to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Administering disciplinary action as required.
- Acting as primary front-line operations point person for any billing/payroll issues.
- Supporting and enforcing the Company’s Health and Safety and Compliance policies.
- Make recommendations to improve production methods, working conditions, and increase efficiency.
- Act as liaison between supervisors, staff and customers.
- 1-2 years in a supervisory or management role, preferably in the transportation industry, required
- Must have/held a Class 1 license and 1 year of driving experience required
- Transportation experience involving movement of Bulk products an asset
- Must have extensive knowledge of Hours of Service regulations
- Experience in a 24 x 7 operation, preferably in the transportation industry• Excellent leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Direct experience with staff scheduling in a variable work volume environment
- MS Office proficiency necessary
- Post secondary or equivalent experience an asset
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.