Business Development Sales Professional - Transportation
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SALES PROFESSIONAL
At Speedee Transport, a division of Canada Cartage, we are an expert in Cold-Chain, Temperature-Controlled, Ambient LTL, FTL, & Dedicated service transportation. Critical to the national supply chain specializing in food products, medical supplies & PPE; providing national truck and intermodal services to all major centers.
We are one of the fastest growing transportation Companies in Canada due to their uncompromising focus on customer service and innovative approaches to solving customers’ toughest freight challenges! Our company vision is to build the most customer centric company in the universe. We are entrepreneurial by design and attract high achievers driven to win! We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Sales professional.
Are you excited by the challenge of connecting with people, building relationships and seizing opportunities?
We’re looking for a Business Development Professional who will be responsible for fostering and developing excellent new commercial relationships towards achieving revenue/ bottom-line growth. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record exceeding quota, a strong understanding of consultative and strategic selling concepts, develops and implements value based initiatives to differentiate, build customer loyalty and drive profitable revenue growth.
This position is situated in the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario and is able to be 100% remote, within the province.
- Identify and secure, upsell and cross sell opportunities with new name prospects and current customers for additional revenue from all Speedee fleet solutions.
- Build & maintain strong relationships and a network of prospects
- Internal Collaboration with Operations, Pricing, Solutions, Legal and Business Implementation teams to ensure accuracy within reporting, prioritization of tasks & required actions.
- Utilize customer feedback to identify areas of opportunity to improve account management performance as well as build and execute action plans to better meet expectations.
- Conduct business reviews, preparing and communicating periodic sector KPI reports with customers to help them compare their actual versus budgeted amounts and track the progress accordingly.
- Pro-actively anticipate dealing (responding) to customer’s business needs and identify opportunities to establish a long term business relationship; thereby fully integrating our services throughout a customers’ network.
- Analyze costing models and maintain threshold gross margins and implement yearly contractual price adjustments.
- Introduce customers to the latest Speedee technology, policies, processes and recommendations to reduce cost through supply chain efficiencies.
- Comprehensive understanding of the customers supply chain, their strategies and goals.
- Defined account plan that consists of actions which drive continuous improvement, customer satisfaction & growth.
- Drive revenue/sales/bottom-line results for assigned portfolio of customers and by securing new name customers.
Core Competencies and Qualification:
- Minimum of 2 years’ of business development experience in high volume sales with progressive, market-leading organizations.
- Experience in selling transportation solutions to senior level decision makers
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate the Speedee Transport value proposition at all levels of the organization.
- Problem solving skills
- Can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organized and self-motivated
- Background in FTL & LTL freight programs with cold chain background is an asset
What we offer:
- A competitive base salary, incentive bonus and benefits package
- Training/ Development and career pathing
- An environment of belonging: a group that values your feedback, opinions and who you are as an individual
- A culture that is fast paced where you are respected, valued, and have opportunities to grow
Why work for Canada Cartage?
We are a family-oriented company with competitive benefits, including extended health and dental, RRSP and Company-Matching pension plans; discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few of the perks; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere. We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities
We also have Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Recognized leader in the industry:
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.