Commercial Parts Specialist
Status: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Shift – Monday to Friday (5:00 PM to 1:30 AM)
At Canada Cartage we work with zeal, intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions. We are currently looking to add a Parts Specialist who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees. This role will be based in the Mississauga office and interested candidates are encouraged to apply below.
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- This position is responsible for the input of all parts invoices into the Transman system.
- The position also has the responsibility of ordering parts, reconciling monthly parts invoices and performing daily cycle counts. Following up with all vendors in order to properly maintain the
- Transman system which in turn allows for accurate accruals and timely processing.Follow up with all vendors to ensure accurate and correct billing
- Source and order parts daily for ongoing shop repairs.
- Reorder parts / trim inventory as required
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly cycle counts.
- Perform yearly inventory counts.
- Works in conjunction with all Maintenance Staff to ensure timely entry of vendor repair orders and audits performed as required.
- Review vendor statements and obtain any missing invoices
- Copying and filing any documents as required
- Maintains a high level of open communication regarding department needs and expectations with peers and colleagues on the management team.
- Works co-operatively with other team members to ensure efficient execution of Corporate Strategy.
- Recommends procedure and system requirements or upgrades.
- Maintain cost conscious parts and supply purchases Cross-functional Relationships and Authorities
- Maintains positive relationships with all departments
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalency
- One to three years parts room experience in Transportation.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal capabilities.
- Superior computer literacy.
- Fast paced environment
- Required to be in office daily
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women