Driver Trainer - Class 1 - Part Time
We are looking for an experienced and professional Class 1 Truck Driver in Edmonton to Train, Coach and Mentor New Drivers who have little to no Class 1 driving experience. If you are looking for an opportunity to give back and teach valuable driving skills to new drivers this is the job for you!
Schedule: Varies, Part Time, up to 20 hours per week
Why work for Canada Cartage
- Competitive Mileage & Hourly Pay Rates
- Weekly Premiums paid for training drivers
- Flexible Part Time Schedule
- Work Life Balance
- Modern, well maintained Fleet; professionally detailed, inside and out, on a regular basis
- $2,250 New Hire Bonus
- Stability; Steady Hours and consistent year round work
- Safety-oriented company with a safety program in place
- Opportunities for career advancements through training and development
- Company perks such as company phone, uniform/safety boot allowance and discount programs for gym memberships, auto services, cell phone plans, etc.
- Work with a company named "Canada's Best Employer 2018" in Transportation & Logistics by Forbes
- Hold a valid Class 1 license with minimum 5 years of verifiable commercial driving experience
- Instructor certification an asset
- Must provide a Clean 5 year Commercial Drivers abstract (restrictions apply)
- Must be able to drive manual transmission; training may be provided to the right candidate
- Criminal Record Check required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work a variety of flexible shifts
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-cultural environments
If you meet the above qualification, please respond to this job posting and attach your current resume and/or Commercial Driver Abstract.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women