Truck Dispatcher - 4 on 4 off
Canada Cartage is seeking candidates for the position of Dispatcher who will be responsible but not limited to, all activities involved in effectively executing the daily driver assignments generated in system by relaying, directing even problem solving to complete a load assignment in the most efficient manner possible.
Location: 9385 200 St, Langley, BC
Schedule: 4 on 4 off, 4:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Details of Position:
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is accurately entered in the system in a timely manner, from; order entry, to planning, to activating, progressing and closing trips.
- To ensure each driver and equipment resources is accurate and dispatched in a timely manner according to the assignment in the system.
- To ensure a driver is prepared for their assignment with; Customer Procedures, Driver Run Sheet, load details, tools and paperwork required to efficiently and, effectively complete the assignment.
- Ensure that all activities are accurately recorded in the companyÕs transportation management system;
- To update and report any changes outside of the original load plan to the required Customer and required internal contacts.
- Support and enforce the CompanyÕs Health and Safety and Safety and Compliance policies.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Must be able to work independently and in high stress environments
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and critical decision-making capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with City and Linehaul Dispatching
- Knowledge of lower mainland, BC an asset
- HOS knowledge an asset
- 1 year experience as a dispatch transportation dispatcher an asset
- Proficient within a Windows operating system; Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience with a computerized dispatch system is an asset
If you meet the above qualification, please complete the online application and submit your updated resume.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women