Warehouse Lead Hand
Position: Warehouse Lead Hand
Status: Full Time
Location: Brampton, ON
Schedule: Monday to Friday – 8:00AM to 5:00PM
The primary function of the Lead hand is to ensure the department team is adhering to the proper processes and procedures, follow safety policies, and are fully trained to perform their assigned functions.
- Monitor KPIs and assist with management of staff to meet KPI objectives.
- Observe work performance of Team Members and ensures work is performed in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Report safety incidents and assist with incident investigations.
- Assists Team Members in the performance of their assigned duties.
- Evaluate housekeeping, security and safety standards on a daily basis.
- Review department operations daily to ensure the warehouse is neat, secure and organized.
- Monitor operations to ensure that damage to product, equipment and the facility are prevented and reported.
- Reinforces Team Member safety awareness by communicating equipment/procedure changes to Team Members. Provides general communication on relevant safety issues and concerns.
- Address any safety concerns brought forward by team members
- Coordinates with drivers and carriers for inbound and outbound loads.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Core Competencies & Qualifications
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills orally and in writing.
- Must demonstrate sound analytical and problem solving skills
- A minimum 3-5 year experience working in warehousing and distribution required.
- Experience in de-stuffing and sorting operation an asset.
- Must be familiar with all material handling equipment; Walkie or Raymond Reach Forklift
- Must be capable of coordinating the training of subordinates to ensure the adequate development of work skills.
- Experience in a warehouse RF environment is a requirement.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women