Operations Supervisor - Contract
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
We are currently looking to add a full-time, contract (minimum of 12 months) Operations Supervisor to our team. Someone who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees.
Located at 4700 102 Avenue SE, Calgary and under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Operations Supervisor is responsible for planning and managing all details of the dedicated accounts assigned.
The Specific Role Mandates include:
- Assisting in interviewing, training, developing staff skill sets and coaching for all Support Staff and Drivers within their area of responsibility.
- Ensuring Dispatchers, Planners, Customer Service representatives and Drivers have the necessary tools to perform their job functions.
- Scheduling and managing support staff, including Drivers and equipment resources.
- Ensuring 24-hour shift coverage.
- Assisting Dispatchers in troubleshooting and resolving day-to-day issues and activities.
- Conducting regular formal employee reviews and informal feedback discussions for all staff within their area of responsibility.
- Monitoring service levels to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Administering disciplinary action as required.
- Acting as primary front-line operations point person for any billing/payroll issues.
- Supporting and enforcing the Company’s Health and Safety and Compliance policies.
- Make recommendations to improve production methods, working conditions, and increase efficiency.
- Act as liaison between supervisors, staff and customers.
- Continually strives to improve work processes, methods, environment, customer service, and personal and team performance.
- Other duties as required.
Working Experience and Skills
- 1-2 years in a supervisory or management role, preferably in the transportation industry
- Experience in a 24 x 7 operation, preferably in the transportation industry• Excellent leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Direct experience with staff scheduling in a variable work volume environment
- MS Office proficiency necessary
- Successfully pass a background check
- Ensure all vacated runs are covered by a driver
- Ensure A1 is accurate and up to date daily
- Ensure all delays are reported to customers
- Work is completed accurately within prescribed timelines
Why work for Canada Cartage?
We are a family-oriented company with competitive benefits, including extended health and dental, RRSP and Company-Matching pension plans; discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few of the perks; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere. We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities
We also have Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Recognized leader in the industry:
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.