Customs Customer Service Representative
Position: Customs Customer Service Representative
Status: Full Time
Schedule: Monday to Friday – 8:00AM to 4:00PM
To provide customs related customer service to UPS Ground Freight through the co-ordination and administrative support for inbound and outbound shipments in an accurate, efficient and knowledgeable manner. Provide support to line haul drivers to ensure the timely movement of UPS Ground freight across the Canadian and US border with minimal or no delay at Port of Entry while being compliant with Customs Regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with UPS Freight customers for paperwork issues and broker information.
- Communicate with customs brokers to ensure procedures are followed and/or problems are resolved to facilitate movement of shipments.
- Communicate with drivers at border regarding issues with shipments and corrective action required.
- Trace inbound shipments with follow up through ViaSafe to ensure shipments are set up to clear customs before arriving at the border.
- Ensure notes and comments are entered in the UPS Freight dispatch system EDGE and ViaTrade.
- Prepare and submit various reports and lists e.g. Inbound, Outbound reports, update Customs Broker lists etc.
- Update AES filers regarding date, port and SCAC information.
- Send notification e-mails and/or phone U.S. gateway terminals with special handling instructions for AES, T&E, TIB, ATA Carnet and ITAR shipments.
- Audit IT Bonds.
- Amend ACE and ACI manifests as required.
- Other tasks as delegated by supervisor or manager.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of Transportation experience dealing with customs
- Excellent computer skills
- Familiar with freight forwarding, TMS, LTL and cross border logistics
- Customs certification is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people,
members of visible minority groups and women