Position: HR Coordinator
Status: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Schedule: Monday to Friday – 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Reporting directly to the Human Resources Manager, Western Canada, the HR Coordinator will support the Human Resources team by performing various administrative tasks and functions mostly related to on/off-boarding, employee life events and workforce analytics reporting. The position functions in an environment where considerable attention to detail and the ability to handle highly confidential material is required. The HR Coordinator is client-focused and resourceful with the proven ability to multi-task while demonstrating a strong sense of urgency. They use creativity, attention to detail and professionalism to bring ideas to improve administrative processes and efficiency to the team.
A successful HR Coordinator has an interest in the HR function and gains satisfaction from providing support to the team and our business partners. They can effectively communicate and coordinate administrative tasks and keep updated with our team’s activities in order to be the first point of contact for our internal business partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing day-to day HR administrative support. This includes answering routine employee questions, maintaining employment files, reporting, and corporate initiatives.
- Maintain the HRIS system including master file updates, transfers, job & salary changes, status changes, promotions, terminations, LOA’s, reporting etc.
- Create and generate regular and ad-hoc reporting analytics to support and monitor strategic business decisions and processes for continuous improvement and to drive value.
- Responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of HR data.
- Supports the WCB case management and return to work process with Managers & Disability Specialist.
- Conduct new hire orientations, and audit all required HR documentation for the employee file
- Manage the Company Recognition and Service Award Programs.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the HR team, operations and business units.
- Supports the administration of annual HR activities including but not limited to: Succession Planning, mid-year reviews, performance appraisals and development plans
- Supports HR and operational staff to drive consistency for transactional HR activities in the business. (Announcements, Compliance Administration, etc.)
- Perform miscellaneous clerical functions and special projects, and other duties assigned by management.
- Establish and maintain valued business partnerships. Enhances culture through employee interactions. Drive a value added responsive HR function.
- Other duties as required
- University and/or College education, preferably in a discipline related to Human Resources; CPHR candidate is an asset.
- Minimum two years or more years of Human Resources experience required;
- Experience working in a Federally Regulated organization (Canada Labour Code) & a unionized environment will be considered an asset.
- Must be self-driven, detail oriented, organized, capable of working autonomously, have excellent communication & interpersonal skills, and possess the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Must have the professionalism & integrity to deal with highly confidential & sensitive information;
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- Strong computer skills-Microsoft Office products and HRIS system experience;
- Must have effective interpersonal skills, effective oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of HR practices and fundamentals required.