Reporting to the Director, Human Resources - Ontario, the HR Generalist will serve as the first point of contact for supporting and resolving employee relations issues, implementing HR programs, policies and procedures, training & development and providing monthly/quarterly support for HR reporting and metrics.
This position is well positioned for someone who thrives on challenges and who enjoys working in a fast paced dynamic work environment where the ability to adapt effectively to change is key. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, confident, exercises good judgment and decision making ability and takes initiative to provide excellent service to our stakeholders while being part of a collaborative and energetic HR team who is committed to add value to the organization.
- Coach and advise Managers on complex and diverse employee relations issues (i.e. performance management, attendance management, disability management, workplace investigations, employee exits), including compiling and preparing evidence to support appropriate recommendations.
- Provide overall employee relations support to all staff inquiries regarding policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development and implementation of organizational programs and initiatives
- Build effective relationships with internal clients to understand their business goals to proactively identify and implement solutions in line with their strategy.
- Field, investigative and resolve employee issues, concerns and complaints.
- Monitor employee engagement and retention and suggest recommendations where required.
- Facilitate Human Resources training programs including Progressive Discipline, Coaching for Performance, Supervisory Leadership, etc.
- Communicate and assist with the development of objectives for semi-annul and annual performance reviews.
- Manage various HR projects related to the HR strategy as assigned
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintain and foster relationships to enable collaboration with all levels of the organization ensuring a high level of customer service is provided.
- Maintenance of personnel files, other duties as required, some travel may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree/Certificate in Human Resources
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an HR generalist is required
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to influence decisions is required
- Ability to work with senior leadership to implement effective change management processes
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality; ethical
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with all levels of the organization
- Comprehensive knowledge of Canada Labor Code (CLC), Human Rights, Accommodation, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented work environment
- CHRP (Certified Human Resources Profession) designation would be an asset
- Transportation or supply chain management experience/knowledge an asset
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.
Canada Cartage is a leading national provider of customer-located, dedicated trucking services and warehouse solutions. The majority of Canada Cartage's fleet and drivers are dedicated to specific customers and reside at their locations. Since its founding in 1914, Canada Cartage has provided a complete range of transportation services, specializing in the provision of fully outsourced, customer-located, dedicated trucking services. Canada Cartage was one of the first carriers to offer this service to Canadian companies and is currently one of the largest in the country, supplying dedicated fleet solutions to many corporations, some for more than 50 years. Canada Cartage's operations are located in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Quebec. Canada Cartage offers comprehensive warehousing and distribution services on both a full-service and a contract basis through its Direct Distribution Centers division. These services extend beyond the basics of traditional warehousing to include web-based ordering, real-time inventory management, pick-pack services, consolidation (railcar and container), and distribution of products on short notice and efficient management of inventory.