Logistics Supervisor - Transportation
Logistics Supervisor – Transportation will oversee the existing drivers, trucks and ensure quality training of new recruits. They will also optimize the use of manpower and resources as well as assisting fleet management by monitoring and supporting the regular maintenance requirements of trucks and other related equipment. They will be actively engaged in the day-to-day operations of the BC Region.
Salary: $23.08/hour (minimum $48,006 yearly), 40 hours per week, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Pension Plan Benefits, Other Benefits
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Richmond, BC
Schedule: 10pm-6am (Sunday night to Thursday night)
• Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of drivers engaged in the following duties: shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and maintaining inventories of materials, parts and products; processing purchasing transactions; co-ordinating production work; dispatching drivers; scheduling transportation crews and routes; operating airport ramp servicing vehicles; and other related activities.
• Marginal Dispatching of drivers around Western Canada The United States.
• Plan, organize and oversee dock’s operational logistics, establish work schedules and procedures, resolve work-related issues, prepare and submit progress and other reports and co-ordinate activities with other supply-chain work units or departments.
• Review of all Driver paperwork (timesheets, Log Books).
• Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
• Requisition supplies and materials.
• Maintaining databases for tracking and billing.
• Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arrange for maintenance and repair work.
• Communicating with Drivers (ETAs, Problem Solving, Updating Customer Reports)
• Communicating with Customers in a professional and friendly manner. • May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
• Completion of secondary school.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must have previous experience supervising in a Unionized Environment
• Experience in the Transportation Industry is an asset
• Proven experience handling multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment
• Strong computer skills using MS Office, Outlook and poses the confidence in using database systems
• Strong customer service skills and professional behavior
• Extensive knowledge of the Lower Mainland
• Handling U.S. Customs and Border Protection Paperwork (Cross Border Shipment exp. considered asset)