Operations Manager - Day Shift
At Speedee Transport, a division of Canada Cartage, we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
We are currently looking to add a full-time permanent Operations Manager to our Speedee Transport team. Someone who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees.
Located at 2864 Norland Avenue, Burnaby, BC and reporting to the Director of Operations, the Operations Manager is primarily responsible for providing overall operational leadership to Supervisors and Staff in their area of responsibility, as well as provides daily coaching and development and implementation of the Company's business plan, while maintaining a cost efficient operation.
- Provide leadership, daily coaching, and development of hourly staff
- Manage customer account(s) in accordance with company's policies and procedures to obtain optimal profitability
- Ensure staff morale and management/ staff communication is maintained through regular communication/correspondence
- Implement new standard operating procedures and train employees as needed
- Handling of special projects and project management
- Act as liaison between staff and customers
- Oversee and promotes safety activities to ensure compliance with company's safety policy, employee training and reporting
- Some travel may be required
- Overtime as required
- Continuous Improvement.
- Continually strives to improve work processes, methods, environment, customer service, and personal and team performance.
- Other duties as required.
•Optimize profitability with assigned customer account(s)
•Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting customer goals
•Provide leadership and support to staff to ensure efficient and effective operations
•Promote safe operations and safety culture
•Work is completed accurately within prescribed timelines
Core Competencies and Qualification:
- University graduate or a combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience, preferably in the transportation industry
- Excellent leadership and analytical skills
- MS Office proficiency necessary; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience in a 24 x 7 operation, preferably in the Transportation industry
- Strong and effective communication skills; written, oral and interpersonal
- Negotiation and/or facilitation ability
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and employ effective time management skills
- Successfully pass a background check
- Able to work Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm and flexible for overtime as required to meet business objectives
Why work for Canada Cartage?
We are a family-oriented company with competitive benefits, including extended health and dental, RRSP and Company-Matching pension plans; discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few of the perks; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere. We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities
We also have Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Recognized leader in the industry:
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.