Bilingual Regional Safety & Compliance Manager Quebec
Canada Cartage is seeking an experienced team player with open communication to join our safety and compliance department. The Safety and Compliance manager must assure that compliance is achieved to attain company policies and standards to keep Drivers, the general public and roads safe. Knowledge of various types of equipment is essential.
* Experience with the Highway Traffic Act, prior experience in a similar role and a Class 1 license is required.
Subject Matter Expert on the following:
- Provincial regulations for province(s) of responsibility
- Regional Long Combination Vehicle (LCV) program
- Hours of Service (HOS)
- Cargo Load Securement
- Chair, Accident Review Committee
- Defensive Driving / Professional Driver Improvement Course (PDIC)
- Manages the Incident Response Team (IRT) in the region
- Manage 1 ITR units
- Manage Mobile Safety Trailer
- Co-ordinate Emergency Accident / Incident response and investigation
- Conduct intake interviews regarding accidents and incidents. Includes intake of related paperwork
- Identify accident causes using root cause analysis and provide recommendations for prevention.
- Identify trends in accident causes and develop practices to reduce accident frequency. The national team to assist.
- Ensure the accident/incident database is maintained by the Safety and Compliance team. (Safety & Compliance/Risk Database - CAR)
- Work with garage regarding incidents
- Haz-Mat spills – dock & on road as part of IRT
- Monthly Dashboard
- Audit terminal compliance with regulations
- Schedule and conduct periodic “safety blitzes” at each operating location, including contract locations, focusing on driver documentation and mechanical safety and compliance of the vehicle. i.e “Tag Program”
- MSO program in region
- HOS – scan, audit logs against trip documents, fuel statements, A1 to ensure compliance with regulations (To be replaced by XRS when fully operational)
- Sort and file driver logs, vehicle inspection reports (To be replaced be XRS & OBV5 when fully operational)
- Manage SpeedGauge reports and action accordingly
- Collaborate with the National Safety team to develop regional training programs
- Deliver training programs that have been established by national team
- Oversee Orientation
- Ensure that company policies and procedures that are related to S&C are followed. (train/coach/mentor)
- Deliver remedial training
- Road tests