HR Generalist -French Bilingual
Reporting to the the Vice President, Human Resources, the French Bilingual HR Generalist will serve as the first point of contact for on-boarding/off-boarding, supporting and resolving employee relations issues, implementing HR programs, policies and procedures, training & development and providing monthly/quarterly support for HR reporting and metrics.
- Coach and advise Managers on complex and diverse employee and labour relations issues (i.e. performance management, attendance management, disability management, workplace investigations, employee exits), including compiling and preparing evidence to support appropriate recommendations.
- Provide overall employee relations support to all staff inquiries regarding policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development and implementation of organizational programs and initiatives
- Build effective relationships with internal clients to understand their business goals to proactively identify and implement solutions in line with their strategy.
- Field, investigative and resolve employee issues, concerns and complaints.
- Monitor employee engagement and retention and suggest recommendations where required.
- Provides advice and guidance regarding the administration, interpretation and application of multiple collective agreements.
- Provides assistance to the Vice President, Human Resources with grievance and arbitration process; provides support for the negotiation process.
- Ensures that the grievance activities are monitored and participates in the assessment of cases considered for reference to arbitration.
- Performs thorough and effective grievance and complaint investigations to effectively resolve employee issues.
- Facilitate Human Resources training programs including Progressive Discipline, Coaching for Performance, Supervisory Leadership, etc.
- Communicate and assist with the development of objectives for semi-annul and annual performance reviews.
- Responsible for all onboarding and orientation of new employees.
- Manage various HR projects related to the HR strategy as assigned
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintain and foster relationships to enable collaboration with all levels of the organization ensuring a high level of customer service is provided.
- Maintenance of personnel files
- Other duties as required
- Travel may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree/Certificate in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or a related discipline
- Must be fully bilingual (French/English)
- Familiar with Quebec labor laws
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an HR generalist or LR specialist is required
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to influence decisions is required
- Ability to work with senior leadership to implement effective change management processes
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality; ethical
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with all levels of the organization
- Comprehensive knowledge of Canada Labour Code (CLC), Human Rights, Accommodation, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented work environment
- CHRP (Certified Human Resources Profession) designation would be an asset