With locations across Canada, Canada Cartage System is a recognized leader in transportation & logistics delivering customized solutions for the transportation, distribution and warehousing marketplace.
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package, advancement opportunities and career development.
Canada Cartage Logistics Solutions located in Delta, BC is seeking candidates for the position of Branch Manager.
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, West, the Branch Manager is responsible for leading the day-to-day activities of the Branch to effectively implement logistics services to customers and to ensure that all activities are accurately recorded in the company’s warehouse management system; customer service, productivity, and financial targets are being met; and contribute to the growth of the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and mentor operations and office management and supervisors;
- Hiring, firing, employee discipline and training;
- Ensuring employees have the necessary tools to perform their job functions;
- Scheduling and managing support staff;
- Ensuring team members are scheduled appropriately to meet customer expectations;
- Troubleshooting and resolving day-to-day issues and activities;
- Conducting regular formal employee reviews and informal feedback discussions for all staff within their area of responsibility;
- Monitoring service levels to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded;
- Work with local Human Resources on administering performance management, including disciplinary action as required;
- Acting as primary front-line operations point person for any billing/payroll issues;
- Supporting and enforcing the Company’s Health and Safety and Compliance policies;
- Make recommendations to improve production methods, working conditions, and increase efficiency;
- Act as liaison between supervisors, staff and customers;
- Manage the Branch finances and analyze financial reports.
- 5 years in a management role, preferably in the logistics/ warehouse operations industry;
- Experience in a 3PL environment an asset;
- Post secondary or equivalent experience an asset;
- Excellent leadership and analytical skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to multitask;
- Direct experience with staff scheduling in a variable work volume environment;
- MS Office proficiency necessary;
- Familiarity with WMS systems an asset.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women