310T Mechanic- Day Shift
Canada Cartage is the country's largest provider of outsourced fleet solutions, providing dedicated equipment and drivers to both small and large firms. We are looking for a licensed or apprentice 310T Technician to join the maintenance team.
Position: 310T Truck Technician- Mechanic
Status: Full time days
Rate of Pay: $34.68/hour (licensed)
Shifts: Day Shift: Monday to Thursday, 06:30AM to 05:00PM
- Perform scheduled Preventative Maintenance Inspections and repairs.
- Perform diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Work towards meeting industry standard repair times for assigned repairs.
- Train on and stay current with new technologies.
- Maintain work areas of shop to meet health and safety standards.
- Communicate issues/concerns to managers as needed.
- Certified 310T mechanic with sound knowledge of shop practices.
- Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical/electrical problems while working with SRT.
- Self-motivated with a desire to meet and surpass company standards.
- Ability to use a computer to manage electronic punch times and payroll.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Must have own tools.
- Exposed to exhaust gases, vibrations, chemicals and shop noise.
- Ability to perform heavy work such as removing tractor wheel assemblies (120lbs).
The Canada Cartage advantage:
- No rotating shifts.
- No mandatory overtime.
- Minimal outside mobile work (only boosting).
- Heated shop equipped with pits for easy servicing.
- Uniforms provided.
- Recession-proof business model, steady hours all year around.
- Well maintained, modern fleet (mostly 2018 and newer).
- Performance based remuneration.
- Online OEM Education (Navistar, Cummins).
- Comprehensive benefits (life, disability, medication, dental, vision, RRSP and more).
- 3 paid sick days per year.
- Group discounts (Costco, Hertz, Bell, GMC, Lenovo, Goodlife Fitness and more).
- Tool, boot and winter coat allowance.
- College tuition fees reimbursement for apprentices.
- Solid career advancement opportunities.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.