Who we are:
TRUSTED, TRIED, AND TRUE
With over 100 years of helping companies grow and succeed in Canada, we provide national dedicated fleet solutions, general freight services, managed transportation, fulfillment & distribution, and home delivery. With a national network of terminals, cross-docks, and distribution centers, we are one of Canada’s largest and most trusted supply chain service providers. Driven to exceed customer expectations, and supported by technology and innovation, we bring simplicity to complex logistics challenges.
About this team:
The Safety and Compliance team is responsible for ensuring Canada Cartage employees are safe.
A day in the life of an Orientation Specialist:
- Reporting to the Safety & Compliance Manager in Ontario the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring a great learning experience through the New Hire Orientation
- Deliver training programs that have been established within the division/terminal assigned.
- Coordinate/Deliver on line/classroom training
- Ensure training is provided in all safety matters within the division/terminal assigned to Safety Supervisors
- Review and ensure new hires meet US Drug and Alcohol (D & A) requirements;
- Conduct PDIC classes support driver safety.
- Participate in safety meetings
- Support key corporate initiatives ie: 4DX, Safety improvement action plans, etc.
- Liaise with safety team on challenges and solutions to improve overall safety results.
- Provide Handouts and signoffs to participants
- Prepare and Deliver presentations
- Provide reviews of company policies to new hires
- Confirm sign offs and documents are complete for Driver Qualification Files
- Conduct classroom and yard instruction on safety procedures
- Conduct training to drivers in class G, D, and A, when required.
- Conduct training to drivers and operators on a multitude of equipment including Moffat, lift truck, small crane equipment used by drivers to service our customers.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about people!
- Must have experience in a classroom environment as well as able to instruct candidates individually or as a group on practical applications of pre-trip, defensive driving and backing techniques.
Subject matter expert on:
- following Provincial regulations for province(s) of responsibility
- Regional Long Combination Vehicle (LCV) program if applicable
- Hours of Service (HOS)
- Cargo Load Securement
- Defensive Driving / Professional Driver Improvement Course (PDIC)
- Carriers Edge Online training