Position: Material Handler
Status: Full Time
Location: Brampton, ON
Schedule: Monday to Friday – 8:00AM to 5:00PM
Canada Cartage Logistics Solutions located in Brampton is seeking candidates for the position of a Material Handler
- Type of Equipment driven would be a Walkie and Raymond Reach Forklift.
- Operates equipment in a manner consistent with Company’s Health and Safety policies.
- Use a Warehouse Management System (WMS) to receive, check, count inventory, verify, sort and classify materials.
- Use a handheld bar code scanner (RF gun), inspect and maintain equipment.
- Performs order picking which involves lifting and re-palletizing the products.
- Unpacks cartons and boxes to check the material and then again seal them.
- Prepares product for shipment ensuring accuracy, efficiency and customer service standards are met.
- Provides quality service by ensuring inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage
- Maintains equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion and handles fragile items with care.
- Maintains a clean and secure work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned
General Requirement & Qualifications
- At least 1 year warehouse experience operating material handling equipment
- Must have valid Walkie or Raymond Reach Forklift Certificate
- Experience with a RF scanner
- Criminal Record Check required; must be bondable
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Steel toed safety shoes
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Communication skills both oral and written
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women