Truck Driver- Class 1- Home Everyday!
Canada Cartage was founded in 1914 and is the country's largest provider of outsourced fleet solutions, providing dedicated equipment and drivers to both small and large firms.
We are looking for professional and Safety Oriented Class 1 Truck Drivers in Edmonton, AB. for our City Runs & Short Highway If you are looking for a career where you can have work-life balance this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Why work for Canada Cartage
- We offer Industry-leading wages and premiums
- Full-Time Hours
- Comprehensive benefits package including a company matching pension plan
- There are opportunities for career advancements through training and development
- We can offer a variety of shifts and runs and options for dedicated runs
- We have various company perks such as company phone, uniform/safety boot allowance and discount programs for gym memberships, auto services, etc.
- Once on board, you can earn bonuses by referring your friends and family to come work with us
- Canada Cartage offers a well-maintained fleet
- Safety-oriented company with a safety program in place
- We provide consistent year-round work
Your Daily Responsibilities:
- Adhere to Hours of Service regulations
- Handle freight documents/manifests
- Promptly deliver customer freight and update dispatch on ETA's
- Unload various freight via pallet jack, 2-wheeler, or by hand
- Complete all other duties as reasonably assigned
Our General Requirements/Qualifications:
- Hold a valid Class 1 license
- Minimum 1 year of Class 1 experience
- Must provide a Clean 5 year Commercial Drivers abstract; valid within the past 30 days and no more than 3 demerits and 3 negative events
- Must be able to drive a manual transmission
- Must pass a criminal background check; must be bondable
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Flat deck experience considered an asset (willing to train)
- Willing to do hand-bombing (physical work loading & unloading trailers)
- Open availability no set schedule (involves am and pm shifts)
- Open to do short highway runs
If you meet the above qualification, please respond to this job posting and attach your current resume and/or Commercial Driver Abstract. We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women