Dock Lead Hand
Canada Cartage is the country's largest provider of outsourced fleet solutions, providing dedicated equipment and drivers to both small and large firms is looking for a Dock Worker in our Mississauga Terminal.
Position: Dock Lead Hand
Status: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Shift: Monday to Friday – 8:00 to 4:30pm
Details of the Position:
- Allocate resources and organize and distribute daily work duties to members to ensure optimal shift/team operational logistics
- Counting and inspecting freight for damages, shortages, or overages while loading or stripping trailers.
- Handling shipments to minimize claims and maximize delivery efficiency
- Monitor and complete bills of lading and other shipping documents.
- Guide team members towards improved key performance indicator (KPI’s) using the appropriate leadership styles and methods
- Keep an organized and clean dock area, keeping safety in mind.
- Operate power equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
General Requirements / Qualifications:
- 1 year lead hand experience
- Forklift certification and experience
- WMS software experience
- Perform warehouse functions, which may include loading, picking, packing, shipping, receiving, forklift operation and cycle counting
- Previous cross dock experience is an asset.
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Understanding of bill of ladings
- Knowledge of measurements
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women