Application Support Analyst
Who we are:
TRUSTED, TRIED, AND TRUE
With over 100 years of helping companies grow and succeed in Canada, we provide national dedicated fleet solutions, general freight services, managed transportation, fulfillment & distribution, and home delivery. With a national network of terminals, cross-docks, and distribution centers, we are one of Canada’s largest and most trusted supply chain service providers. Driven to exceed customer expectations, and supported by technology and innovation, we bring simplicity to complex logistics challenges.
About this team:
In today’s world of e-commerce, same-day shipping and online delivery tracking customer expectations for B2B and B2C deliveries are higher than ever. Our customers are demanding more, including faster order to deliver cycles, real time online tracking and products delivered on time. Companies who can meet these rising expectations will thrive and win market share. Those who can’t will be left behind. As Canada’s largest provider of dedicated fleet we not only provide trucks and drivers but we have built the digitized fleet that customers are looking for. Our people design the technology that builds our future!
A day in the life of an Application Support Analyst:
Our large IT team is expanding to meet the Company’s growth. This new position will be the first IT position to reside at one of our Calgary Distribution Centers and play a key role in supporting Canada Cartage’s applications and onsite technology. The portfolio encompasses the Warehouse Management System, customer web portal, shipping platforms, picking technology, printing solutions and ancillary systems. The applications are a mix of 3rd party systems with some customizations and internally built applications. The individual will administer the portfolio of warehouse applications and support day-to-day issues in a timely manner. The individual will be the primary point of contact for onsite technology issues requiring desk-side/physical presence. This is a key role in ensuring the ongoing smooth operation of the business and becomes the natural go-to person for both resources within the technical team and the business community. They will act as a Subject Matter Expert for internal initiatives relating to these applications and participate in projects involving the warehouse.
Who you are:
- You work well in a team but thrive best in an autonomous environment
- Driven to make a difference
- Passionate about technology and enjoy being hands on with the latest and greatest technology toys
- Love being behind the scenes ensuring connectivity and proper set ups individually or as a group on practical applications of pre-trip, defensive driving and backing techniques.
Subject Matter Expert:
- Be a subject matter expert for the warehouse applications. Progressively understand the current functionality, keep up with future enhancements on the product roadmap, and assess capabilities in competing applications within the same domain.
- Review incoming IT Work Requests to understand the need, translate the business needs into technical requirements, and provide feedback into the project’s Solution/Design phases.
- Configure the applications based on the project’s design
- Lead and participate in testing activities within the supported applications by preparing test plans and test cases, managing or executing the tests, capturing results and ensuring defects are triaged and resolved.
- Support process mapping and SOP building for business processes undertaken using the application set.
- Prepare training documentation/SOPs and train both users and other trainers on system use.
- Mentor L1 staff or Super Users within the Business departments on activities they support in the systems.