Operations Manager - Days
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
We are currently looking to add a full-time Operations Manager, to our team. Someone who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees.
Located at our Head Office at 1115 Cardiff Blvd., Mississauga and reporting to the Terminal Manager, the Operations Manager is responsible for providing overall operational leadership to Supervisors and Staff, providing daily coaching and development and ensuring the effective management of their assigned account(s). This position will support achieving the financial and performance plan for their accounts, maintaining a cost effective operation and providing superior customer service.
Internal Business Management Responsibilities
- Managing supervisors, drivers and supporting staff in accordance with the companyÕs policies and procedures to obtain Optimal customer service and efficiency
- Reviewing Dashboard by account daily
- Weekly auditing of fuel, payroll & OT, invoicing and equipment utilization for each account, and taking necessary corrective actions as required
- Managing driver productivity through reporting tools (On-Board, Ops Dashboard, [email protected], Telematics) and develop action plans to correct any negative impact on service and financial results
- Assisting in developing annual Operating budgets, and managing P&L performance with input from Director
- Monitoring service levels and KPI performance to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded
- Participating in Labour Management meetings to maintain driver relations and performance
- Ensure fleet suitability to perform the commissioned work
- Providing input on operational requirements for new business in conjunction with the Director of Operations and Sales Department
- Identify opportunities for sales growth within accounts, and escalate to Director
- Conscious of the needs for a safe workplace and compliance with laws in order to ensure that the Carrier Profile in the region is kept at an acceptable level
- Oversee and ensure the front-line operations teams use the technology provided and use it in the company-sanctioned manner
- Cascading annual goals, targets and performance standards to their team
- Ensuring a robust employee performance plan and review process, including formal and informal feedback discussions for all staff, and following progressive discipline actions as required
- Supporting and enforcing the CompanyÕs Health and Safety and Compliance policies
- Manage dedicated equipment including scheduled maintenance, optimal fleet size and utilization
- Oversee accident and injury investigations
- Continually strive to improve work processes, methods, environment, customer service, personal, as well as team performance.
Customer Facing Responsibilities
- Schedule and conduct weekly customer meetings with those that affect our business daily
- Track customer key performance indicators and recommend cost savings initiatives that could benefit both the customer and the company
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders within our customers organizations
- Manage all customer email and communication directives
Core Competencies and Qualification:
•College graduate or a combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience, preferably in the home delivery or courier industry
- Excellent leadership and analytical skills
- MS Office proficiency necessary; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong and effective communication skills; written, oral and interpersonal
- Negotiation and/or facilitation ability
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and employ effective time management skills
- Successfully pass a background check
Why work for Canada Cartage?
We are a family-oriented company with competitive benefits, including extended health and dental, RRSP and Company-Matching pension plans; discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few of the perks; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere. We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities
We also have Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Recognized leader in the industry:
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
We’re growing! We have also been ranked in the top 10 of Today’s Trucking top 100 ranking of Canada’s largest for-hire truck fleets for 2022. https://hubs.la/Q017bTLd0
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.