The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing/managing the day-to-day activities of the Operations Team while achieving the short and long-term performance and financial objectives of the Company. This will be performed in accordance with our Company Values of Integrity, Humanity, Accountability, Collaboration, Dedication, and Leadership.
• Interviewing, training, coaching, and developing staff skill sets for all support staff and drivers within their area of responsibility.
• Ensuring dispatchers and drivers have the necessary resources to perform their job duties.
• Scheduling (24-hour shift coverage) and ensuring consistent, effective communication with all drivers and support staff.
• Assisting dispatchers and front line supervisors in troubleshooting and resolving day-to-day issues and activities.
• Conducting regular formal employee reviews and informal feedback discussions for all staff within their area of responsibility.
• Monitoring service levels and KPI’s to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded. Maintaining regular and direct communication with customers.
• Administering corrective disciplinary action as required.
• Supporting and enforcing the Company’s Health and Safety and Compliance policies.
• Maintaining accountability to increase efficiency, drive cost reduction, improve service levels, and increase employee retention and satisfaction.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory or management role, with a preference for experience in the transportation or logistics industry.
• Proven leadership and people/team development skills. An understanding that strong EQ is as important to success as any specific job knowledge.
• Excellent verbal and proven written communication skills, including internal and customer email, phone, and in-person.
• Proven ability to utilize strong organization and prioritization skills to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
• Direct hands-on experience with daily staffing adjustments in a variable work volume environment
• MS Office proficiency, in particular, Word and Excel
• Experience working in a 24 x 7 operation/industry.
• Post-secondary or equivalent experience an asset.
• Familiarity with Hours of Service an asset.
• Class 1 license and previous driving experience an asset.
• Cryogenics / Tanker / Dangerous Goods experience an asset.
• Direct experience with administering progressive discipline.